Public consultation on draft BEREC Common Position on Mobile Infrastructure Sharing
21 January 2019
In June 2018, BEREC adopted a report on infrastructure sharing which depicts a picture of different regulation and legal frameworks applicable in European countries, of the existing sharing arrangements, of the benefits and challenges related to such arrangements and of possible evolutions with regards to 5G.
BEREC expended its work on identifying common positions on the subject. The common position consists of:
- a background section which describes the applicable legal framework and the benefits and drawbacks related to sharing agreements ;
- a common position section which provides:
- common definitions for some types of sharing agreement;
- the main objectives to be pursued when considering network sharing agreements;
- the parameters to consider when assessing network sharing agreements;
- an indicative analysis of different types of network sharing, according to the objectives and parameters.
The response to the public consultation intends to serve as inputs for the finalization of a BEREC common position on mobile infrastructure sharing.
Practical details of the public consultation
In accordance with the BEREC policy on public consultations, BEREC willl publish a summary of all received contributions, respecting confidentiality requests.
The public consultation ran from 12 December 2018 to 18 January 2019.
All stakeholders were invited to submit their contributions via the new BEREC online public consultation tool by 18 January 17:00 CET 2019.
All contributions will be published on the BEREC website, taking into account requests for confidentiality and publication of personal data. Any such requests should be clearly indicated as: “Consider this contribution as confidential” or, if submitted via e-mail, by clearly stating which information is considered confidential.