BEREC events 2022
To present the outcomes of the 51st ordinary meetings, BEREC held a public debriefing on 15 June 2022.
During the public debriefing, the BEREC Chair Annemarie Sipkes and the BEREC Working Group Co-Chairs presented the documents that were adopted during the plenary meetings, followed by a Q&A session to answer questions from stakeholders. The adopted documents concern the following topics:
• Update of the BEREC Guidelines on the implementation of the Open Internet Regulation;
• Update to the BEREC Net Neutrality Regulatory Assessment Methodology;
• BEREC’s contribution to limiting the impact of the digital sector on the environment.
The BEREC Chair and the BEREC Working Group Co-Chairs also presented to stakeholders the documents that were approved for public consultations:
• Draft BEREC Guidelines on the new Roaming Regulation (EU) 2022/612 and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/2286 (Retail Roaming Guidelines);
• Draft Report on the Internet ecosystem;
• Draft Report on Satellite connectivity for universal service;
• Draft Report on the best practices for ensuring equivalence of access and choice for disabled end-users.
Additionally, the speakers introduced a new workflow regarding the IP interconnection ecosystem and the impact of the sending-party-pays principle (“OTT fair share”) on this ecosystem, on end-users and on competition.