BEREC events 2015
The 3rd meeting of the BEREC Contact Network (CN) for 2015 took place on 10 and 11 September 2015 in Baden, kindly hosted by the Austrian Regulatory Authority for Broadcasting and Telecommunications (RTR). The meeting was chaired by Mr Pedro Ferreira – Head of European Affairs, ANACOM, representative of the BEREC Chair 2015.
The meeting was attended by the senior representatives of the National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) with primary responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the markets for electronic communications networks and services. NRAs from the EU Member States, the EFTA States and the States that are candidates for accession to the EU were represented. Representatives of the European Commission and the EFTA Surveillance Authority (ESA) also will attend the meeting.
The main objective of the meeting was to prepare the 24th ordinary plenary meetings of the BEREC Board of Regulators (BoR) and the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC) to take place on 1 and 2 October 2015 in Riga (Latvia).
Therefore the CN considered all items to be included in the agendas of the afore-mentioned meetings.
The Contact Network agreed to submit the following documents to the BoR:
As ‘A’ items (without presentation and discussion):
1. For approval for publication:
- Draft BEREC Report on the public consultation on document “Common Characteristics of Layer 2 Wholesale Access Products (WAP) in the European Union(EU)”;
- Draft BEREC Report on Common Characteristics of Layer 2 WAP in the EU;
- Draft BEREC International Roaming Benchmarking Report October 2014 - March 2015.
2. For approval for public consultation: draft BEREC Report on equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users.
3. For approval for internal use:
- Draft Project Requirements Document (PRD) on BEREC report on the wholesale roaming market review;
- Draft PRD on the BEREC answer to EC request on the wholesale roaming market and fair use of roaming services.
As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
1. For approval and publication: draft BEREC Report on regulatory accounting in practice;
2. For approval for public consultation:
- Draft BEREC Work Programme for 2016;
- Draft BEREC Report on OTT services;
- Draft BEREC Report on enabling Internet of Things.
3. For approval for internal use: up-dated BEREC Style Guide.
4. For information:
- Work Programme 2015 status update;
- Information on the electronic voting procedures since the last plenary meeting.
The BoR will also be briefed orally on the following topics:
- Recent Chair’s activities;
- Major on-going projects managed by the BEREC Office;
- Important initiatives of the Commission, which have impact on BEREC’s work;
- 3rd BEREC Stakeholder Forum Meeting (15 October 2015, Brussels);
- Recent developments on the work for finalisation of the TSM;
- On-going work for the preparation of BEREC’s input to the Commission on the forthcoming review of the EU Regulatory Framework for electronic communications;
- On-going work in the field of spectrum, IP migration of voice interconnection, challenges and drivers of NGA rollout and infrastructure competition, SDN/NFV Workshop, and net neutrality (including the work on the feasibility study of quality of service monitoring in the context of net neutrality);
- BEREC international activities.
The CN was also briefed on the state of preparation of the plenary workshops on migration to all IP networks and e-Commerce and cross-border parcels delivery to take place on 30 September 2015 in Riga.
Documents to be submitted to the BEREC Office MC
As ‘A’ items (without discussion):
1. For approval and publication:
- Draft BEREC Office MC Decision laying down general implementing provisions for implementing Article 43 of the Staff Regulations and implementing the first paragraph of Article 44 of the Staff Regulations for temporary staff;
- Draft BEREC Office MC Decision to approve the proposals for the establishment of a reserve list for two posts at the BEREC Office;
- Draft BEREC Office MC Decision on the designation of two Reporting Officers for the annual appraisal of the Administrative Manager;
As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2. For approval for publication:
- Draft BEREC Office MC Decision concerning the reimbursement of travel, subsistence and other expenses incurred in the course of journeys made by persons not employed by the BEREC Office and repealing the previous Management Committee Decision№ mc/2013/5 of 6 June 2013.
3. For approval for publication/submission to the ECA, to the Commission, to the EP and the Council of the EU: Draft Reply by the MC to the observations of the European Court of Auditors on the Final Account of the BEREC Office.
4. For consideration and information:
- Report of the BEREC Vice-Chair (BNetzA) in charge of BEREC Office human resources on his recent activities;
- BEREC Office Report on operation and budget execution January-June 2015;
- Explanatory Note on transfers by Administrative Manager in BEREC Office Budget 2015 in April-June 2015.
The MC will also be briefed about the recent activities of the BEREC Office Advisory Group.
Due to requirements of Article 9(3) of the BEREC Regulation, which introduces the obligation for the MC to approve the BEREC Office Work Programme for the following year by 30 September, the draft 2016 BEREC Office Work Programme will be submitted to the MC for approval by electronic voting procedure.
The next Contact Network meeting for 2015 will take place on 19 and 20 November 2015 in Barcelona (Spain), kindly hosted by the Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia (CNMC).