BEREC 2020 Work Programme
The Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC), established by a Legislative Act of the European Parliament and of the Council on November 25 2009, aims to ensure the independent, consistent and high-quality application of the European regulatory framework for electronic communications for the benefit of Europe and its citizens.
The objectives of the BEREC Work Programme 2020 are based on the mandatory tasks arising from the new European Electronic Communications Code (EECC), but also fundamentally on the BEREC Medium-Term Strategy 2018-2020, with a keen focus on the following five strategic priorities:
• Responding to connectivity challenges and to new conditions for access to high-capacity networks;
• Monitoring potential bottlenecks in the distribution of digital services;
• Enabling 5G and promoting innovation in network technologies;
• Fostering the consistent application of the open internet principles; and
• Exploring new ways to boost consumer empowerment.