Tasks and Mission
Agency for Support for BEREC (the BEREC Office) was established by Regulation (EU) No 2018/1917 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2018, replacing the previous Regulation (EC) No 1211/2009. The BEREC Office is established as a body of the Union.
According to article 5 of the Regulation, the Office has the following tasks:
- to provide professional and administrative support services to BEREC, in particular in fulfilling its regulatory tasks;
- to collect information from NRAs and to exchange and transmit information in relation to the regulatory tasks assigned to BEREC;
- to produce, on the basis of the information received from NRAs in relation to the regulatory tasks assigned to BEREC, regular draft reports on specific aspects of developments in the European electronic communications market, such as roaming and benchmarking reports, to be submitted to BEREC;
- to disseminate regulatory best practices among NRAs;
- to assist BEREC in establishing and maintaining registries and databases, in establishing and managing an information and communications system and in conducting public consultations;
- to assist in the preparation of the work and provide other administrative and content-related support to ensure the smooth functioning of the Board of Regulators;
- to assist in setting up working groups, upon the request of the Board of Regulators, contribute to the regulatory work and provide administrative support to ensure the smooth functioning of those groups;
- to carry out other tasks assigned to it by this Regulation or by other legal acts of the Union.
The BEREC Office encourages all NRA experts to use more efficient and effective means of work, including such that ensure high environmental protection. Therefore the BEREC Office organises a lot of events by audio or video-conference. The personal data of the participants in the events organised by audio or video-conference is processed in compliance with the privacy statement provided below.
The BEREC Office mission is to provide superior professional support to BEREC by assisting it in an efficient, proactive and timely manner in the achievement of its objectives, and thus contributing to the development of the electronic communications market for the benefit of Europe and its citizens.
Professionalism and excellence are the principles that guide the BEREC Office staff towards achieving the BEREC Office objectives, which are understood as follows:
- Professionalism: being oriented to results, we believe that, by performing consistently to high standards, we deliver maximum value to our stakeholders. Professionalism also means transparency and integrity in all our actions, and working always with the highest level of ethics for the interests of the organisation and the stakeholders;
- Excellence: the BEREC Office staff members take pride in their work and strive for quality in everything, being committed to continual self-improvement and learning;
- Accountability: the BEREC Office staff members take responsibility for their actions and their outcomes both as individuals and as a team. The BEREC Office honours its commitments and obligations.
- Teamwork and diversity are the guiding principles in our collaboration with our colleagues and stakeholders.
BEREC OFFICE PREMISES IN RIGA
In compliance with Article 2 (5) of the Regulation the BEREC Office seat is in Riga, Latvia.
The BEREC Office is located in the premises offered by the Latvian Government and situated at:
Zigfrīda Annas Meierovica bulvāris № 14, 2nd floor, LV-1050 Rīga, Republic of Latvia
Privacy statement - Processing of personal data within the operation of the access control system;
Privacy statement and policy on the video-survaillance at the BEREC Office.
On 24 February 2011 in Riga the BEREC Office and the Government of the Republic of Latvia signed the Seat Agreement, which introduced the main provisions for cooperation between the BEREC Office and the host state, the Republic of Latvia. In addition both sides signed a Memorandum of Understanding, which further specifies the conditions for use of the premises provided by the Latvian Government to the BEREC Office.
The BEREC Office as an Agency of the EU is a part of the EU Agencies Network - created by the Heads of Agencies to provide a forum for coordination, information exchange and agreement of common positions on issues of common interest.