Important legal notices
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice, rules related to personal data protection and cookies.
The Office of the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) maintains this website to enhance public access to information to documents created by or addressed to BEREC and/or its Office. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
The information provided on the current site is:
- of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the BEREC Office has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
However the BEREC Office accepts no responsibility or liability with regard to third party information published on this site.
Furthermore, it is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The BEREC Office accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the BEREC Office in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
As a general principle reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged.
This general principle can be subject to conditions which may be specified in individual copyright notices. Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such restruction shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
Personal data protection
The BEREC Office is committed to user privacy in compliance with the EU legislation in force.
The policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the EU bodies and institutions" is based on Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
This general policy covers the European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain. Although you can browse through most of these Web Sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
In this respect:
- Within each Institution, a Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation);
- For all the Institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 45 of the Regulation).
The European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
What is an e-service?
An e-service on EUROPA is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European Institutions on the other hand.
Three types of e-services are or will be offered by EUROPA:
- Information servicesthat provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the EU;
- Interactive communication servicesthat allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services of the EU;
- Transaction servicesthat allow access to all basic forms of transactions with the EU, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition or purchase of documents etc.
Information contained in a specific privacy statement.
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the EU collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
- To whom your information is disclosed. The EU will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The EU will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
- How long your data is kept. The EU only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
- What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.
How do we treat the information, whichyou send us?
Several sections of the BEREC web site require provision of some personal data, which is collected only to the extent necessary to process your request, including requests for participation in events organised by BEREC and the BEREC Office. The rules for processing your personal data are specified under each specific section, in which we may ask you to provide us with some personal data of yours.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message addressed to us.
You can visit this website anonymously. No cookies are sent to your computer.