Decision of the Vice-Chair of the BEREC Office Management Committee appointing the Data Protection Officer of the BEREC Office
In compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “the Regulation”), and in particular its Article 24 (1), which requires each body of the EU to appoint at least one person as Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Article 3 (1) of Decision of the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC) adopting implementing rules concerning the tasks, duties and powers of the Data Protection Officer pursuant to Article 24.8 of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 (MC/2012/9), on 28 July 2016 the Vice-Chair of the BEREC Office MC (ARCEP) appointed the BEREC Office DPO.
This decision has been register him with the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
Note to the editor:
The DPO has the following tasks:
- ensuring that controllers and data subjects are informed of their rights and obligations pursuant to the Regulation;
- responding to requests from the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) and, within the sphere of his or her competence, cooperating with the EDPS at the latter's request or on his or her own initiative;
- ensuring in an independent manner the internal application of the provisions of this Regulation;
- keeping a register of the processing operations carried out by the controller;
- notifying the EDPS of the processing operations likely to present specific risks within the meaning of Article 27 of the Regulation.