BEREC events 2015
The 4th meeting of the BEREC Contact Network for 2015 took place on 19 and 20 November 2015 in Barcelona, Spain, kindly hosted by the Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia(CNMC). The meeting was chaired by Mr Pedro Ferreira – Head of European Affairs, ANACOM, representative of the BEREC Chair 2015, Prof. Fátima Barros – President of the Board of ANACOM.
The meeting was attended by senior representatives of the National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) with primary responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the markets for electronic communications networks and services. NRAs from the EU Member States, the EFTA States and the States that are candidates for accession to the EU were represented. Representatives of the European Commission and the EFTA Surveillance Authority (ESA) also attended the meeting.
Main results of the 4th meeting of the BEREC Contact Network in 2015
The CN considered all topics to be included in the BoR and MC agendas and concluded the following:
The CN agreed to submit the following documents to the BoR:
1. As ‘A’ items (without presentation and discussion):
1.1. For approval for publication:
- Draft BoR Decision on the BEREC Expert Working Groups (EWGs);
- Draft BEREC Report on monitoring implementation of the BEREC Common Positions (CPs) on Wholesale Local Access (WLA), Wholesale Central Access (WCA) and Wholesale High Quality Access at a Fixed Location (WHQAFL) - Phase 2;
- Draft BEREC Report on transparency and compatibility of international roaming tariffs;
- Draft BEREC Report on the outcome of the public consultation (PC) on the draft BEREC Report equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users;
- Up-dated draft BEREC Report on equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users.
1.2. For approval for internal use:
- Draft BEREC Internal Report on the outcome of the BEREC Workshop on the implementation of the Recommendation on Relevant Markets and CP on geographical segmentation (28 October 2015);
- Draft Project Requirements Documents (PRDs) for the implementation of the BEREC Work Programme 2016.
2. As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2.1. For approval for publication:
- Draft BEREC Work Programme for 2016;
- Draft Report on the outcome of the PC on the draft BEREC Work Programme for 2016;
- Draft BEREC Report on the termination rates at European level;
- Draft BEREC Report on case studies on IP-based interconnection for voice services in the European Union (EU);
- Draft BEREC Report on the PC on the draft BEREC Report on oligopoly analysis and regulation;
- Draft BEREC Report on oligopoly analysis and regulation;
- Draft Summary of the outcomes of the 3rd BEREC Stakeholder Forum Meeting, 15 October 2015, Brussels.
2.2. For approval for publication and submission to the Commission: Draft BEREC-ERGP Opinion on price transparency and regulatory oversight of cross border parcels delivery, taking into account possible regulatory insights from the electronic communications sector.
2.3. For approval/submission to the Commission:
- Draft BEREC input to the EC request on the wholesale roaming market and fair use of roaming services.
- Compilation of data and BEREC reports to reply to the EC questionnaire for evaluation of the Termination Rates Recommendation, following the inputs from NRAs.
2.4. For approval for internal use:
- Draft outline of the BEREC 2015 Annual Reports;
- Draft BEREC Internal Report on the feasibility of quality of service monitoring in the context of net neutrality;
- Qualitative assessment of Article 7/7a Procedures;
- Draft BEREC Internal Report on the implementation of the Termination Rates Recommendation.
2.5. For information:
- Work Programme 2015 status update;
- Information on the electronic voting procedures since the last plenary meeting.
The BoR will also be briefed orally on the following topics:
- Recent Chair’s activities;
- Major on-going projects managed by the BEREC Office;
- Important initiatives of the Commission, which have impact on BEREC’s work;
- 3rd BEREC Stakeholder Forum Meeting (15 October 2015, Brussels);
- Recent developments on the work within the scope of the TSM;
- On-going work on the draft BEREC Report on OTT services;
- Outcome of the BEREC SDN/NFV Workshop (1 December 2015, Brussels);
- BEREC international activities.
The CN discussed the draft BEREC input on the forthcoming review of the EU Regulatory Framework for electronic communications and decided to pass the topic for further discussion to the BoR. The CN was informed that the Commissioner will attend the plenary meeting and will discuss with the BoR topics of strategic importance for the future sector development.
The CN was also briefed on the state of preparation of:
- the BEREC Guidelines on net neutrality;
- plenary workshops on the review of the EU Regulatory Framework and on net neutrality with the US Federal Commission for Communications to take place on 9 December 2015 in London.
The CN agreed to submit the following documents to the MC:
1. As an ‘A’ item (without discussion): Draft Correction to 2015 BEREC Office Final Budget (for approval and publication).
2. As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2.1. For orientation debate: Discussion paper on the BEREC Office annual and multi-annual programming document;
2.2. For consideration and information:
- BEREC Office Report on operation and budget execution January-September 2015;
- Explanatory Note on transfers by Administrative Manager in BEREC Office Budget 2015 in July-September 2015.
The MC will also be briefed about the recent activities of the BEREC Office Advisory Group and will be request to discuss the future of the training sessions organised by the BEREC Office for NRAs’ staff in the context of the outcome of the first training session organised in 2015.
The next meeting of the CN will take place on 4 and 5 February 2016 in Krakow (Poland) and will be hosted by the Polish Office of Electronic Communications(UKE).