BEREC events 2015
The 1st meeting of the BEREC Contact Network (CN) for 2015 took place on 5 and 6 February 2015 in Prague, kindly hosted by the Czech Telecommunication Office (ÄŒTÚ). The meeting was chaired by Mr Pedro Ferreira – Head of European Affairs, ANACOM, representative of the BEREC Chair 2015, Prof. Fátima Barros – President of the Board of ANACOM.
The main objective of the meeting was to prepare the 22nd ordinary plenary meetings of the BEREC Board of Regulators (BoR) and the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC)to take place on 26 and 27 February 2015 in Berne (Switzerland). Consequently the BEREC CN considered all topics to be included in the BoR and MC agendas and concluded the following:
I. Documents to be submitted to the BoR
The CN agreed to submit the following documents to the BoR:
1. As ‘A’ items (without presentation and discussion):Draft 14th International Roaming BEREC Benchmark Data Report April-September 2014 (for approval for publication).
2. As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2.1. For approval and publication:
- Draft BoR Decision on BEREC Expert Working Groups (EWGs) Co-Chairs, to be prepared by the BEREC Chair following the call for expression of interest for Co-Chairs of four EWGs launched on 5 February 2015.
2.2. For approval for internal use:
- Outline of the BEREC annual reports for 2014;
- Project requirements document (PRD) on reflections on net neutrality (NN) in the Telecom Single Market(TSM) legislative process for the works to be executed by the NN EWG;
2.3. For decision on the way forward:
The BoR will be requested to decide on the scope and next steps of the project for developing an Information Sharing Portal (ISP)and whether BEREC should prepare a Report on post-merger market developments.
2.4. For information and/or consideration:
- BEREC Workshops during 2015;
- 9th Assessment Report on Article 77/a, Phase II Cases – Conclusions;
- Work Programme (WP) 2014 status update;
- Allocation of EWG clusters;
- Overview of the 2014 electronic voting procedures;
The BoR will be briefed in relation to the forthcoming BEREC Workshop on equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users (4 March 2015, Brussels), the state of work on the BERECnet, the outcome of the kick-off meeting and the next steps in relation to the Study on 'Investigation into interoperability standards for the promotion of the internal market for electronic communicationscontracted by the Commission, the recent and forthcoming important meetings held by the BEREC Chair, the BEREC international activities and the conclusions of the Workshop on oligopoly analysis and regulation.
The Commission was also invited to provide the BoR with information on other important activities not included in the meeting agenda.
II. Documents to be submitted to the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC)
The CN agreed to submit the following documents to the MC:
1. For approval for signature and publication:
Draft Mission Charter of the IAS of the European Commission in relation to bodies set up under the TFEU and the EUROATOM Treaty having legal personality and receiving contributions charged to the budget.
2. For information and/or consideration:
- Explanatory Note on transfers by Administrative Manager in BEREC Office Budget 2014 in October-December 2014;
- 2014 BEREC Office Report on operation and budget execution;
- 2014 BEREC Office Report on budgetary and financial management;
- IAS Follow-up on outstanding recommendations form IAS Limited Review on the Implementation of Internal Control Standards (ICSs) in the BEREC Office – note on audit conclusions;
- the usage of BEREC Office assets at the premises of the BEREC Brussels presence (IRGSecretariat);
- the review of BEREC Office organisational and financial structure;
- Report on the BAG Activities in 2014.
3. For discussion and guidance:
The MC will be requested to reflect on and to provide input in relation to the reimbursement of expert participating in BEREC activities by the BEREC Office.