BEREC event 2014
The 3rd meeting of the BEREC Contact Network (CN) for 2014 took place on 4 and 5 September 2014 in Liechtenstein, kindly hosted by Amt für Kommunikation(AK). The meeting was chaired by Mr Ola Bergström, Director for International Affairs at the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS), representative of the BEREC Chair 2014.
The main objective of the meeting was to prepare the 20th meetings of BEREC and the BEREC Office Management Committee to take place on 25 and 26 September 2014 in Rome (Italy).
Therefore the CN considered all topics to be included in the agendas of the BEREC Board of Regulators and the BEREC Office Management Committee during their forthcoming plenary meetings. After in-depth discussions, the CN reached the following conclusions:
I. Documents to be submitted to the Board of Regulators (BoR)
The CN agreed to submit the following draft documents to the BoR:
1. As ‘A’ items (without discussion):
- Draft BoR Decision on BEREC Expert Working Groups (EWGs);
- Draft BEREC International Roaming Benchmark Data Report: October 2013 - March 2014;
- Draft BEREC Regulatory Accounting in Practice Report 2014;
- Request from Electronic and Postal Communications Authority of Albania (AKEP)for obtaining observer status – Note from the Chair.
2. As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2.1. For approval and publication:
- Draft BEREC Report on monitoring the quality of internet access servicesin the context of net neutrality;
- Draft BEREC Report on the public consultation on the draft BEREC Report on monitoring quality of internet access servicesin the context of net neutrality;
- Draft BEREC Report on "First Cases of Vectoring Regulation in the European Union".
2.2. For approval for public consultation:
- Draft BEREC Strategy 2015-2017;
- Draft BEREC Work Programme 2015;
- Draft BEREC Guidance on the regulatory accounting approach to the economic replicability test (ex-ante margin squeeze tests).
2.3. For approval for internal use:Draft BEREC Report on the proposal for creating an information sharing portal among NRAs and other institutions.
2.4. For discussion and decision on the way forward:
- Discussion paper on the BEREC working structure for 2015 (including an orientation debate on designation of Chairs of EWGs);
- Draft paper for a first discussion on the wholesale roaming and fair use criteria.
2.5. For approval for signature:Draft Memorandum of Understanding between BEREC and the Group of Eastern Partnership Regulators for Electronic Communications Networks and Services (EaPeReg Network).
2.6. For information:
- Work Programme (WP) 2014 status update;
- Overview of the recent electronic voting procedures.
The CN also considered appropriate proving an oral up-date to the BoR in relation to the Ecosystem dynamics and demand side forces in NN (Ecodem) Project and the 2nd BEREC Stakeholder Forum meeting (16 October 2014, Brussels).
II. Documents to be submitted to the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC)
The CN agreed to submit the following documents to the MC as regular items (with presentation and discussion):
1. For approval for publication:
- Draft BEREC Office Work Programme 2015;
- Draft MC Decision on the designation of two Reporting Officers for the assessment of the probationary period of the BEREC Office Administrative Manager;
- Draft MC Decision on the empowerment of the Administrative Manager for the signature of a Service Level Agreement with ENISA, in accordance with articles 82, 83 and 84 of the BEREC Office Financial Regulation MC/2014/1.
- For approval for publication and submission to the European Court of Auditors (ECA), the European Parliament and the
Commission:Draft Reply by the MC to ECA’s observations on the Final Account of the BEREC Office for 2013.
2. For consideration and information:
- Execution of the BEREC Office budget2014;
- Explanatory Note on transfers by Administrative Manager in BEREC Office Budget 2014 in May-July 2014and an overview of the transfers carried.
16 September 2014