BEREC event 2014
The 1st meeting of the BEREC Contact Network (CN) for 2014 took place on 6 and 7 February 2014 in Riga, Latvia, kindly hosted by the Latvian Public Utilities Commission (SPRK) in cooperation with the BEREC Office.This was the first meeting under the chairmanship of Mr Ola Bergström, Director for International Affairs at the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS). The main objective of the meeting was to prepare the 18th meetings of BEREC and the BEREC Office Management Committee to take place on 27 and 28 February 2014 in Stockholm (Sweden).
Documents to be submitted to the Board of Regulators (BoR)
The CN agreed to submit the following draft documents to the BoR:
1. As ‘A’ items (without discussion):
- Draft BoR Decision on BEREC Expert Working Groups (EWGs);
- Draft International Roaming BEREC Benchmark Data Report: April – September 2013;
- Draft BEREC procedure to solve questions and share information among NRAs on the application of Regulation (EU) No 531/2012;
- Outline of the annual report on developments in the electronic communications sector in 2013 and annual report on the activities of BEREC in 2013;
- Draft Guidelines for organising and hosting high-level BEREC events.
2. As regular items (with presentation and discussion):
2.1. For approval for public consultation:Draft BEREC Report on monitoring the quality of Internet access servicesin the context of net neutrality
2.2. For approval for internal use:Draft BEREC internal report “Layer 2 Wholesale Access Products in the European Union (EU)”
2.3. For discussion and guidance:
- The recent development of legislative process on the Telecoms Single Market (TSM) initiative;
- The review of the Commission Recommendation on relevant markets;
- The draft BEREC communication plan and a strategy for 2014;
- Issues related to the organisation of the BEREC workshops in 2014.
2.4. For approval for signature:Draft Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation between BEREC and the Euro-Mediterranean Regulators Group(EMERG).
2.5. For information:
- Work Programme (WP) 2014 status update;
- Report on the recent Article 7/7a Phase II cases – conclusions.
Documents to be submitted to the BEREC Office Management Committee (MC)
The CN agreed to submit the following draft documents to the MC as regular items (with presentation and discussion):
1. For approval for internal use:
- Report on the outcome of the work of the BEREC Office Task Force
- Establishment of a special groupfor the BEREC Office
2. For approval for submission to the Commission:
- Preliminary draft Budget of the BEREC Office for 2015;
- Draft MC Decision on the general implementing provisions of the procedure governing the engagement and use of Temporary Agents (TAs) at the BEREC Office.
3. For consideration and information:Report on budgetary and financial management for 2013
The CN also invited the BEREC Office Administrative Manager to update the MC orally on the recent BEREC Office staff policy and on recent major procurements.
The BEREC plenary meeting is open for participation only to BEREC members and observers but in order to keep all interested parties informed about BEREC's activity, on 6 March 2014, in Brussels, at a public debriefing, BEREC will present the results from the meeting.
The plenary meeting will be preceded by a stakeholder workshop on the relevant markets, which is open for participation to all interested parties.