2014 Consolidated Annual Activity Report of the Office of the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC Office)
Article 47 of Management Committee (MC) Decision MC/2014/1 on the financial regulation applicable to the BEREC Office in conformity with the framework Financial Regulation for the bodies referred to in Article 208 of Council Regulation (“the BEREC Office Financial Regulation”) requires the administrative manager (AM)/authorising officer (AO) to report to the MC on the performance of his duties in the form of a Consolidated Annual Activity Report (CAAR).
Therefore the BEREC Office AM has submitted a draft CAAR, which as required in the afore-mentioned provision of the BEREC Office Financial regulation, contains the information on:
- the implementation of the BEREC Office Work Programme (WP 2014), budget and staff resources;
- management and internal control systems including the summary of number and type of internal audits carried out by the internal auditor, the internal audit capabilities (if applicable), the recommendations made and the action taken on these recommendations and on the recommendations of previous years;
- any observations of the European Court of Auditors (ECA)and the actions taken on these observations;
- the accounts and the report on budgetary and financial management.
A declaration of the AO stating that he has a reasonable assurance that in the areas of revenue and expenditure:
- the information contained in the report presents a true and fair view;
- the resources assigned to the activities described in the report have been used for their intended purpose and in accordance with the principle of sound financial management;
- the control procedures put in place give the necessary guarantees concerning the legality and regularity of the underlying transactions.
The CAAR indicates the results of the operations by reference to the objectives set in the BEREC Office WP 2014, the use made of the resources provided and the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control systems.
As required by Article 47 (2) of the BEREC Office Financial Regulation the MC prepared its analysis and assessment of the CAAR, which according to the template developed for the EU Agencies by the Commission, has been integrated in the Report.
The current report should be considered as a substitute to the Annual Activity Report envisaged in Article 13 (2) of the BEREC Regulation.