Conclusions of the 23rd Board of Regulators plenary meeting in Bergen, Norway
The BEREC Board of Regulators (BoR) held its 23rd ordinary plenary meeting on 4 and 5 June 2015 in Bergen.
Documents approved for publication:
- BEREC Annual Reports 2014 (also for submission to the European Parliament (EP), the Council of the European Union (EU), the Commission, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) and the European Court of Auditors (ECA) by the Chair);
- BEREC Report on fixed and mobile termination rates in the EU as of January 2015;
- BEREC Report on How Consumers Value Net Neutrality in an Evolving Internet Marketplace: a report into ecosystem dynamics and demand side forces;
- BEREC High-level statement on the BEREC Communication Plan.
Documents approved for public consultations:
- Draft BEREC Report on Common Characteristics of Layer 2 Wholesale Access Products in the EU – for public consultation in the period from 8 June to 10 July 2015;
- Draft BEREC Report on oligopoly analysis and regulation – for public consultation in the period from 10 June to 1 August 2015.
Documents approved for submission to the Commission:
- High Level Statement on Tasks 1-3 of the WIK/TNO Draft Interim Report “Investigation into interoperability standards for the promotion of the internal market for electronic communications”.
- Documents approved for internal use:
- Outline of the BEREC Work Programme 2016;
- BEREC Internal Report on the regulatory treatment of termination of calls originated outside EEA;
- BEREC Internal Report on Information Sharing-Portal: Implementation Scenarios;
- Up-dated BEREC Communication Plan;
- Project Requirements Document for the preparation of BEREC report on post-merger market developments;
During the plenary meeting the Commission presented to the BoR the DSM Strategy and in particular the next steps in the forthcoming review of the Regulatory Framework for electronic communications in the EU. The BoR discussed the next steps and decided that due to the importance of the review for the future development of the sector, it would be appropriate to prepare some high-level inputs at Heads level to the BEREC opinion on the review. Therefore, the Heads were requested to work in small teams and to prepared specific inputs by 10 July 2015.
The BoR discussed also common indicators of bundles in the EU and provided some further guidance to the Benchmarking Expert Working Group to be taken into account in the next version of the document. The BEREC Internal Report on common indicators of bundles in the EU should be revised in line with the considerations of the BoR and submitted for approval by electronic voting procedure. Documents submitted for information and/or consideration.
The BoR took note of the information provided in the following Reports:
- Information on the electronic voting procedures since the 22nd plenary meetings (26-27 February 2015, Berne);
- 2015 BEREC Work Programme (WP) status update;
- Summary Note on the outcome of the BEREC Workshop on Accessibility (4 March 2015, Brussels);
- Report on the results from the BEREC International Mission to China.
The BoR was briefed in relation to several other important topics, as follows:
- the outcome of the informal trialogue on the proposal for Regulation on the Telecom Single Market (TSM) ;the 3rd BEREC Stakeholder Forum Meeting (15 October 2015, Brussels);
- the state of work on the project for the development of BEREC collaboration platform BERECnet;
- the recent and forthcoming BEREC International activities.
The next meeting of the BoR will take place on 1 and 2 October 2015 in Riga (Latvia) and will be hosted by the Latvian Public Utilities Commission (SPRK). The meeting will be preceded by a Heads Workshop on the migration to all-IP networks for voice services, which will take place on 30 September 2015.